Regardless of what level you play at (professional, competitive, leisure or no sport at all), Sports Massage will help you do what you want to do – in comfort.
Sports Massage can help
- speed up recovery following sports events or training
- reduce muscle tension, cramping and inflammation
- prevent injury or reduce the risk of injury
- aid recovery from injury (sports or non-sports related)
- relax and relieve muscle tension
- correct muscular imbalances
- improve posture
- increase flexibility and range of motion
- reduce stiffness
- increase self-perception or self-esteem
- improve personal performance
- reduce pain from strains, sprains or tension
- leave you with a feeling of relaxation and wellbeing
You do not have to play a sport to benefit from deep tissue massage. Very often, my clients suffer from back pain, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, sciatica, whiplash etc. If you are not sure whether Sports Massage could help your particular issue, please phone me. We can then have an informal chat and discover if it is suitable for you.
There are many options in the Sports Massage ‘toolkit’ such as Soft Tissue Release, Myofascial Release, Neuromuscular Technique, Strain Counter Strain, Trigger Point Therapy, Muscle Energy Technique, Post-Isometric Relaxation and Reciprocal Inhibition to name a few.
What happens in a treatment?
After an initial consultation, you will be asked to remove some clothing so I can do a postural assessment. I need to observe you from all four sides to see if there are any obvious imbalances. This will give me information as to where your problem might come from. Further tests (muscle weakness or tightness) may be carried out once you are comfortable on the treatment couch. During treatment only the area of the body being massaged is uncovered. Other areas are covered with towels. I am a firm believer in empowering clients to help themselves as much as possible. This means that, depending on your particular circumstances, I might give you some simple exercises (usually stretches) to do at home which will aid recovery. Enjoy your treatment!